SCC Photo Club Rules for Digital Entries CATEGORIES
There are three categories for digital entries:
1. Color, 2. Monochrome, 3. Creative (includes color & monochrome)
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Unless otherwise stated for a competition, you may only submit a total of 3 entries in the print category, digital category or a combination of the two.
Your entry must adhere to the following entry rules to be eligible.
1) Only JPEG images are allowed.
2) The file name must match the title you give the image. For example, if the title of your image is “Snowbound”, the attached file must be Snowbound.jpg (not case sensitive). If they do not match, the entry will be disqualified.
3) You must enter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org No other entries are accepted.
4) The JPEG files must be ATTACHED to the email.
5) Entries must be emailed no later than 6 p.m. on the Wednesday before the Tuesday competition.
In the subject box of your email, simply type one word: ENTRY
In the body of the email, type:
YOUR CLASS (Master, Advanced, Level 1, Level 2 or Unassigned)
CATEGORY (One email per category) - SEND A SEPARATE EMAIL FOR EACH CATEGORY
A numbered LIST OF THE TITLE(S) of the photo(s) attached to the email.
Failure to adhere to the above will result in the entry being disqualified.
For entrants in the "Unassigned" category: Should your entry or entries be disqualified, you will be informed of the reason why and, as long as the deadline has not passed, have the opportunity to resubmit corrected images up until you have reached the maximum of three images.
For entrants that are in any of the other categories - Level 1, Level 2, Advanced, and Master - You will basically be given three "slots". If you submit three entries, your slots are filled. If any of those images are disqualified, you will NOT be allowed to resubmit because you have no available slots. If you submit two entries, your third slot is still open. If any of the two images submitted are disqualified, you still have that one slot left. You can fill that third slot with either a corrected/resubmitted image or a new one all together. This, of course, is only until the submission deadline.
NOTE: For the “Best Of The Best” competition at the end of the year, there are no “slots”. If your entry is disqualified, it cannot be re-entered (unless “Unassigned”).
If you have any questions about the entry requirements or how to correctly format your images, please contact Gayle Fischer at email@example.com